- You have a passion to multiply the engineering force. You take a proactive part in making the engineering team more efficient at designing, developing and shipping high quality products to our customers to add value to their business.
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills to work with the rest of the team to improve the products every day and move them forward.
- You have working experience with relational databases (SQL) and data stores (Redis). You don’t need to be a database ninja (we have people to support), but you understand when / where to use and not to use what for a given problem.
- You’ve scaled large cloud systems. You’re familiar with distributed systems and are comfortable with cloud native architecture and infrastructure.
- You are well-organized and self-motivated and you can foster that culture within a team. You enjoy autonomy and welcome ambiguity and challenges that come with it. You take a problem and create a solution for it.
- You are a mentor. You help other engineers learn new tech and techniques and are eager to learn from other engineers as well.
- Become an integral contributor to all of our products, including some new ones
- Support technical leadership and product management with the design of a multiproduct platform, technical implementation planning, and development coordination.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation and testing of features, modules and products.
- Collaborate and provide support to the other developers and teams across the organization.
- Be prepared to wear many hats and fill in gaps.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning across teams.
- Drive/own some exciting big picture/big deal technical directions and organizational initiatives.
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and graph databases.
- Familiarity with the “branch-per-feature” model of source control organization and are very comfortable with Git
- Previous e-commerce domain experience
- An engaging smile
We welcome candidates throughout Canada. The current team is predominantly located on the west coast so while we’re open to candidates in multiple time zones and will honor their working hours, individuals in other time zones will be expected to periodically be available PT hours.
We are only considering fulltime hires, not agency proposals.
LimeSpot creates a better shopping experience for hundreds of millions of shoppers worldwide every month, having one of the world’s leading online retail AI-merchandising platforms. The LimeSpot platform extracts product attributes, combines these with shopper profiles and behaviors, and delivers real-time intelligent recommendations to each individual shopper. This results in happier shoppers, happier retailers, higher conversions, and massive amounts of additional revenue for our customers.
Angular, .NET Core (C#), RabbitMQ, SQL Server, Elasticsearch, Redis, Docker/Kubernetes, Azure
Customer Obsession - Own and Be Accountable - Be Direct, yet Kind - Learn and Be Curious - Aim High - Be Bold but Fail Fast - Embrace Diversity - Be Passionate - Better Together - Be a Good Citizen
We’re a diverse team that highly values the culture we’ve built (and build upon), and the people that make that culture what it is. We treat everyone with respect and integrity and are proud to be a part of an innovative growing team.
If you’ve read the above and are excited about LimeSpot potentially being the next phase of your career where you can do meaningful work, challenge yourself and grow, we’re equally excited to talk to you! Hit us up and we’ll get chatting.
We'd love to see any sample projects, stackoverflow / GitHub profile (if available) along with your resume and cover letter.